What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day

Here we are April 1, 2012, aka “April Fool’s Day!”  As mentioned before my Pro Day is set for April 13th so that means I have exactly 12 days to prepare meaning every day is CRITICAL; which makes my practical joke on Mr. Billy Woodmansee that much better.  Ok so here it is, yesterday I worked out with Billy on the field for the first time (usually with Tom).  We were on the field for about an hour; he worked me pretty hard and had me doing a lot of things I hadn’t done yet.  I made small comments here and there that my foot was getting sore, I wasn’t used to all this running and at the time they were completely true.  But the rest of the day things went along as scheduled blah blah blah…So here we are today,  April Fool’s day I decided to shoot him a text saying “not sure what it was or if we did too much but my ankle looked like a softball this morning…  In minutes, I had three text messages asking if it hurt, what made it hurt, it was probably from this…or that…, and before I could respond he was calling me. 


 So I got my game face on and decided to make him sweat a little bit.  I started to ask him about his plans the night before, and he was like “forget that Soy it was fine, how is your ankle?Me- Ehhh I don’t know, its pretty swollen I think we over did it yesterday with all those drills” Billy- hmmmm yea we might of but hmmmm I don’t know what would of hurt it, does it hurt now?”  Me- Well yea it hurts, it looks like a softball and I can barely walk on it…..I’m just stressed out now because I only have 12 days to prepare and I probably won’t be able to run again till Thursday. Billy—[brief pause] Nah, man….You can’t think like that, who knows maybe it will be ok by tomorrow.. Me- No Billy I know my ankle pretty well by now an this is the worst it’s been since I’ve been out here  -----and it was at this point I could really hear the tone in his voice drop and he was rambling about something so I figured he had enough so I interrupted him and told him I was just messing with him, APRIL FOOL’S BROTHER!  It’s fair to say he was less than thrilled with my joke but was relieved that my foot was actually fine, AND he wasn’t responsible for screwing up my ankle just days before I showcase my skills to NFL scouts!  As I told him it was a bitter sweet joke.  If you knew Billy, you would know that he completely sells out for his clients so I knew he would take it seriously and with a lot of concern so all worked out as planned.  Successful day.


On a side note: I was going to prank my other trainer Tom, who has handled all of my ankle rehabilitation (literally spends 4-5 hrs everyday by my side) for the past two months, who happened to be out of town for the day, and was his first time not actually being on the field with me so I really could have had him going but feared he might flirt with having a stroke so I didn’t! Your welcome TOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment