What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Back in Action

This was a big week for me.  Prior to this week I hadn’t ran a single route or caught a football from a legitimate quarterback. On Wednesday this week I had the opportunity to get on the field and accomplish both with Brian Hernandez, Pro Edge Trainer/ Professional Wide Reciever and Brock Osweiler, former ASU QB.  I was running routes for the first time at 90-100% in nearly four months and was surprised how quickly the routes came back to me and how natural it still was catching the ball.  I was worried with all the time off that I would be a bit rusty but with that now under my belt I have confidence in my routes again.  My (ankle) endurance is still what I’m trying to build up.   I could run the routes but it came with increasing gradual pain which is still normal; I just have to continue to push it, rest it, Ice it, push it….until it isn’t an issue.  As of today I am only seven days away from my Pro Day so it’s not the best conditions possible but it’s what I have to deal with and I’m ok with that.  Slowly but surely the plan that began December 15th is starting to piece together thanks to Tom Ellsworth and the Pro Edge Proformance Training Staff.  Cutting it a little close I know but life would be just to easy otherwise haha.  I’ve had a blast over that past two months in Arizona but I’m excited to be coming back to the Ville this coming week!! Getting the time to catch up with friends and family is priceless and will surely “recharge” the battery as I’ll be flying out Saturday back to Arizona for camp preparation given I get the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment