What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Convicted.


1 Corinthians 10:13

"No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it."



This Sunday I was at church and started to feel convicted by the Holy Spirit.  To be completely honest, about one time every week I have an anxiety attack that lasts for a about an hour or two.  Random things will set me off but it usually comes down to all these things running through my head at once: my time constraints to preform, will I be ready for my proday?, what if I run slow?, will I get invited to a camp?, what if I get cut from mini-camp (that would be embarrassing), this window of opportunity to play football is only getting smaller I only have one shot at this, I don’t want to let everyone down, ect..… the list goes on.  I felt convicted and ashamed because I had lost faith that everything I’m going through is for a reason and that I have a divine plan in life whether that’s in football or without football; I have to accept the fact that I am NOT in control which is humbling.


   I vowed on Sunday that I would:
    a.)    put God first in my ambition


b.)    submit that I am not in control; stop worrying


c.)     be grateful for the opportunity I have


d.)    put myself in the best opportunity to succeed


What happens from there happens and I will be ok with it.  I know that sounds like the obvious plan to start with but I’ll tell you from first-hand experience that it’s much easier said than done. 

1 comment:

  1. My sister and I were at pro edge while you were training on Friday and I stumbled upon the blog because Billy posted it on his page. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you spoke so much truth in this post... God is so good and I truly believe that as long as our heart's goal is ultimately to bring Him praise nothing can go "wrong" because it's all a part of His plan. You being vulnerable enough to share that this IS your goal God will definitely be present every step of the way. A verse that has always helped with my anxiety is Philippians 4:6-7! Best of luck with your journey and hopefully I'll be seeing you around the gym!

    ReplyDelete