What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 1

Hello Everyone!

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy.  I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling and most of these blogs will be random bits of information but ill do my best to keep them about football and easy to follow.

It's Tuesday, January 31 @ 3:20pm and its my second day down in Arizona.  I would brag about the 72 degree weather I'm having down here but its been 60 degrees past few days back home! But anyways my mother (Holly) and I started the drive to Arizona on Friday, with a pit stop in Kansas City at my girlfriend Haley's and then drove a solid 16 hrs Sat. and another 6-7 hrs on Sunday an finally arrived the house I will be staying at.  I'm staying with family friends who live just 3 miles away from my training facility and were gracious enough to let me impose on them for what will probably be 2 months.

 Reference Key: workout at 3 facilities
1) Pro Edge Performance Center - Rehab and Training center
2)Lifetime fitness - Rehab workouts/personal lifts
3)Aquatic Center - Pool workouts

Yesterday was my first day checking in at ProEdge Performance Center (Training Facility) and it felt like I was dropped off at college again for the first time lol.  You humbly become a nobody again as you realize there are hundreds of athletes working out trying to get the same job you are who are just as athletic as you are. At ProEdge the athletes im working out with are from Auburn, Arizona State, Arizona, Missouri, an a few small school guys.   It's a great atmosphere to be around an I'm ecstatic about working out there for the next few months.

Day 1
In a few words or less, yesterday morning was a check-in.  Tom Ellsworth (my trainer) took the measurements of my quads and calf muscles to see what the damage was from the 2 months being unable to work my left leg. After that I did some ankle rehab, iced and went home.  I came back for the afternoon workout at 3 where we did a solid upper body/core workout that had me in bed by 9pm asleep (first time in a while that's happened).

No comments:

Post a Comment