What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Thats it?"

Typical Schedule of the Week

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Upper Body,  Rehab, &
 Field Work/
Technique
Lower Body Day & Pool Workout
Boxing & Pool Workout
Field Work/
Technique
Upper Body & Rehab
Field Work/
Technique
Lower Body & Rehab
Field Work/
Technique
Pool Workout
Cardio and rehab


Monday we hit another upper body workout and it was by no means easy; but when Derrick said we were done, I had knee jerk reaction and said “that’s it??” ( I didn’t mean it in anyway but was just surprised because usually I can hardly lift my water bottle to my face). At first I was kinda laughing and he “kinda” was too an gave me a little grief but nothing big.   I was actually feeling pretty good about myself and that I was finally starting to come around. But for some reason I kept thinking about that conversation the next few days in the back of my head and here we are on Thursday with another upper body day….. You better believe it was his goal to personally punish me today! At the start of every set of lifts he would smile and say “Soy, you can start here” and he made sure to watch every set I did making the occasional jab “are you tired Soy? that’s it?”  I’m coming to find these personal trainers take pride in pushing you to the limit and breaking you down.  So the whole day I just grinned and kept my mouth shut cause I knew I had it coming.  And just to clarify, Derrick is a great trainer and an awesome guy; all the crap he was giving me was all in good fun.


On a side note: my football banquet is this weekend and I won’t be able to come back for it.  When you combine the costs and workouts I'll be missing it made for a tough decision.  My Pro Day is scheduled for March 23rd at Missouri Western and honestly I don’t know if I will be ready for it.  It’s approximately 5 weeks away so every day of training is critical for me which is why I’ve chosen to stay in Arizona for the weekend.  I hope my teammates and coaches know that I bleed green and would love to come back but it’s just not in the cards for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment