What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How it Works?


As far as football updates go, my agent was in Indy for the NFL Combine this weekend and told me he had the opportunity to talk to several scouts about me.  Nothing super unexpected but he told me that I had teams legitimately interested but they just have to see that I’m running well and my ankle is completely healed.  The current teams that he told me were interested are as followed: Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Seattle Seahawks, and the San Diego Chargers. I realize that a lot of you aren’t familiar with the terminology and process of making it into the NFL, so my goal in this blog is break it down for you so that it’s easy to understand. 

INTERESTED
Ok, so when I say that teams are interested, it’s the same as normal jobs where a company has a list of applicants that have qualifications for the job.  Then they pull some of the names from the list and take a look at their résumé. 
Football Translation This is where coaches have watched my film and have decided that its worth it to come to my Pro Day (typically at the college or university attended) and I run my 40 yard dash, bench press, etc.

INTERVIEW PROCESS
Then the employers pull out the résumés that impressed them and invite the candidate to an interview. 
Football Translation If impressed by my performance at Pro Day a team would invite me their rookie camp for five days in May. 

FOLLOW-UP INTERVIEW
Then if they were pleased with the interview they invite you back for a follow up interview where you are interviewed and tested further. 
Football Translation → I would be invited to the Summer Camp in August leading into the pre-season games to further evaluate my talent level and potential with the team.

THE OFFER
After evaluating all the other employees they either tell you they want to hire you, you didn’t get the job, OR it just isn’t the right time for the company to hire you. 
Football Translation → You either get a job on the active roster and make a minimum of $375,000 (53 man roster) , they tell you that you didn’t make the cut, or they place an offer to keep you apart of the organization on the practice squad (Seven players per team) because they see potential in you and want to keep you around to develop you for the future and they usually make around $90,000.

JOB SEARCH
After that you look around and continue to send out your résumé to other companies for work.    
Football Translation→ Your name is placed on Waivers List which is list where everyone in the NFL sees that a team let you go and now has the opportunity to sign you to their team. 


***Hope this break down helped you understand a little more about the process and how you can relate to everyday jobs.

On a side note: got small bit of film from the boxing workout I’m going post soon once I get it

No comments:

Post a Comment