What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Successful Night

Saturday night was a success.  Met up with Dan at his place, went to one of his buddy’s apartment downtown where we met up with the rest of his friends. Met a wide variety of people there and overall had a great time hanging out with them.  Went out to nice restaurant called Z-tejas and got some good food and a couple drinks.  Sat next to a guy that was with us that looked a little older than the rest of us so I sparked up conversation and tried to figure out where he fit in. Interestingly enough he turned out to be friends with one of the guys with us and also our bodyguard for the night.  And when I say “our” bodyguard, I really mean to say Brock's bodyguard.  His name was JD and he’s a private body guard full time for guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Tim Hightower, and other miscellaneous clients but it was cool to talk to him and hear a few stories.  It sounds funny having a body guard when you’re hanging out with guys who are 6’5” 300lbs but when you break it down; when or if something happens they can’t be getting into bar fights and end up being that guy in the newspaper the next morning.  For example, it would jeopardize Brock's draft status or any of the guys status if they were to get in fuss at the bar so that’s what JD is for.  After dinner we walked right across the street to a place called Robby Fox’s.  They had an outside section of the bar gated off for us behind the DJ booth.  I was surprised at how welcoming and friendly they were, really made me feel comfortable.  All in all they were great people and I would go out with them again.

On a side note- Chatted with Brock (QB) a little bit about football and told him about my situation.  To my surprise he didn’t hesitate to tell me that I was welcomed to throw with him as soon as I was healthy.  So naturally I was pretty happy about it, thanked him, and carried on chatting about other stuff.  That was pretty much the only football talk we had all night.  Being a football player myself I know it can get redundant when people only know you for football and you end up having the same football conversations several times a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment