What Your Reading?

I'm starting this blog to help keep everyone in the loop on my football training so I hope you guys enjoy. I'll apologize in advance for the possible imperfect punctuation or spelling. As I've come to find, my girlfriend Haley is the first phone call I get for ALL my grammatical errors LOL. But ill do my best to keep them interesting and easy to follow. I will also try to post pictures just to help give a visual to different people, buildings, and events.

* Feel free to leave comments if there is anything you want to hear more about that im not covering.

** IMPORTANT: If this is your first time reading the blog you're going to want to start at the bottom and work your way up to the current.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reality Check

Here’s just a little bit of perspective I thought I’d share. Anyways here it is…It’s funny when you hang out with guys that are current/former in the NFL, or college guys highly touted to be drafted or signed to a team you start to naturally acquire the same attitude and thought process for good and for bad.   The good is that you train and prepare everyday with the attitude and confidence of making a camp and getting a job with a team when the day comes.  That kind of confidence is critical because if you don’t believe in yourself and your abilities then you don’t deserve for others to believe in you; plain and simple.  But on the other side of the picture I found myself talking and thinking more and more about money, new cars, and new houses (almost as if I thought I already had the money) because it’s what you hear a lot about and see a lot of.  I don’t want to confuse anyone because those things are NOT bad things to want or have.  My point is that it’s very easy to get caught up in a materialistic world and trying to "look like" a professional athlete if that makes sense.  Those things are a blessing to have but in the end, they are not the key to “happiness or success” (e.g. look at recent celebrity deaths due to over dose).  Well theirs my two cent on the that lol those of you who know me well, know that I’ll go off an a tangent here and there!


Side note: Terrell (DE) went back to Columbia for his pro day coming up in a few weeks.

1 comment: